Why is the Forum so inactive and what could we do to change that

It baffles me that this is so empty and inactive lately. I mean, i know bastinado and feet torture is a rather peculiar kink, but i know there's still more than enough people out there to make an active Forum. I really, really, really like bastinado and would like to see more activity over here. What could we do to incentivize more use of the Forum and introduce more bastinado lovers into the Forum?

Re: Why is the Forum so inactive and what could we do to change that

People are moving into FB, VK and Telegram groups. Many of these groups appear and disappear rather quickly, either because they are mostly about illegally sharing full videos, or simply because FB and the other platforms are not very tolerant of adult oriented groups, so they get down after being reported. Few of them remain hiding and survive for a longer time, but that also make it difficult to find them. The problem with hidden groups in social media, is that they are the most watched pages by law enforcement agencies because that is where really nefarious stuff might be going on, so it is better to stay away from such groups.

Sadly, this has make the community to fragment all over the net.

outcast wrote:
2020/01/14 - 01:22
People are moving into FB, VK and Telegram groups. Many of these groups appear and disappear rather quickly, either because they are mostly about illegally sharing full videos, or simply because FB and the other platforms are not very tolerant of adult oriented groups, so they get down after being reported. Few of them remain hiding and survive for a longer time, but that also make it difficult to find them. The problem with hidden groups in social media, is that they are the most watched pages by law enforcement agencies because that is where really nefarious stuff might be going on, so it is better to stay away from such groups.

Sadly, this has make the community to fragment all over the net.
Well, that is unfortunate... if all bastinado lovers came to this Forum, i know this is a not so common kink, but i am sure we could hit a number high enough to have a typical forum activity level.

Parox wrote:
2020/03/17 - 09:52
I hope one day we will come back to quality sharing and discussion culture about falaka. That is the reason why this forum stil exists. Mostly social share platform are used for piracy and illegal sharing. But this also destroys the production ways.
I hope so too! I try to be as active as possible in attempts of bringing back more discussion and maybe users, i hope more hop in here, new users and old users!

Very good question Tony and quite sad in fact. This was the first Forum on the topic of falaka/bastinado that I have found when I got my own computer with internet access around 2008. Before that I thought there is no one else with this "hobby" ;)
But I was also quite inactive over the past years as there was not so much going on here. I guess it is like Parox (the owner of this side) said: People just want to quickly get their hands on video content and that can easily be done on social media sites and so on.

However, I just checked the last user that signed up here and this was in July 2019, nearly one year ago. And when I checked the user count it said: In total there are 221 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 216 guests. And I thought there might be something wrong if there are so many guests but the last user signed up last year. So I logged out and tried to create a new account and actually the website to create a new account is down!

@Parox can you look into this? After confirming the website policy I get an error with a blank site instead of the option to sign up as a new user. Maybe that also causes some inactivity here as no new users are joining that might have something to contribute.

tryer wrote:
2020/06/15 - 21:55
Very good question Tony and quite sad in fact. This was the first Forum on the topic of falaka/bastinado that I have found when I got my own computer with internet access around 2008. Before that I thought there is no one else with this "hobby" ;)
But I was also quite inactive over the past years as there was not so much going on here. I guess it is like Parox (the owner of this side) said: People just want to quickly get their hands on video content and that can easily be done on social media sites and so on.

However, I just checked the last user that signed up here and this was in July 2019, nearly one year ago. And when I checked the user count it said: In total there are 221 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 216 guests. And I thought there might be something wrong if there are so many guests but the last user signed up last year. So I logged out and tried to create a new account and actually the website to create a new account is down!

@Parox can you look into this? After confirming the website policy I get an error with a blank site instead of the option to sign up as a new user. Maybe that also causes some inactivity here as no new users are joining that might have something to contribute.

True, true! I just also checked it. It is not possible to sign up!

And if there are so many guests... but i think it's too late, if they have been trying to sign up for months and can not do it. Perhaps there could be a way to advertise this forum somewhere where there could be potential bastinado lovers who could join the discussion...?

From our experience, we have deactivated the PM function. This has been misused very often to share illegal content, poach members and share illegal member accounts from pay sites. In addition, many female members were harassed very badly. Therefore, we will no longer switch on the PM function here. If we have something to say to each other, everyone should find out. That is also the basic idea of a forum.

Parox Dark - Gabriel Azrael